Our partners and customers around the country depend on Comportz for managing their IT infrastructure and providing peace of mind technology solutions. I’m writing to let you know how Comportz is dealing with the Coronavirus situation, to ensure our clients and those within our organization stay protected and have access to their environments remotely and securely.
We have implemented a variety of policies, including limiting business travel and in-person meetings with video conferencing and phone calls, as well as increasing work flexibility for all employees to be able to manage the personal challenges and hardships caused by COVID-19.
Below are some important notes regarding our actions and how this may impact your organization:
- On-Site Support Visits
- With our best efforts to protect our staff, we will be cautious when scheduling on-site client visits. For any non-urgent on-site needs, we will work with our clients to schedule off hour work to be performed, or during a time period where it’s safe for our team to come on-site. With technology that we have in place, we can perform over 90% of support requests remotely. Our team will first try to resolve issues via our remote support software or assist by phone. For urgent on-site support requests, we will work with you to determine the issue and discuss the proper next steps to dispatch a technician on-site.
- Remote Support Requests
- Although we are seeing higher ticket volume for remote access requests and support, our remote support operations are currently not being impacted. Our helpdesk and engineering team members are geographically independent, with support and real-time collaboration tools that allow us to stay connected. Our employees, regardless of location, have the necessary technology to work remotely. Our employees understand that our customers and partners depend on us every day to protect and support them, and they remain able and committed to doing so whether they are working from home or in the office.
- Equipment Ordering Delays
- As a result of COVID-19, we are currently experiencing extended delivery times and product constraints. Our vendors & distribution partners are encountering delays restocking equipment, such as computers, servers and other hardware equipment. This also includes delays obtaining software & licensing. While the impact varies by vendor, the disruption will likely continue for weeks. The longer the situation occurs, the greater potential impact to global supply chains. Many vendor facilities have resumed operations after a brief pause in manufacturing operations. Additional precautions and safeguards have been implemented to ensure worker and partner safety. Our suppliers & vendors are working aggressively to overcome any challenges that might occur and are keeping our team updated as changes are made. We are continuing to monitor the situation closely and will provide current lead time and product availability at the time of order. We kindly ask that our customers to keep this in mind and to give us a heads up on any future order requests. For urgent order requests, please contact your account representative.
- Threat Monitoring
- We continue to look for and monitor changes in cyberthreats, including phishing and other cybersecurity attacks related to Coronavirus. All our teams—including engineering, research, security and support—remain fully operational and are continuously monitoring for new and emerging security threats.
Most importantly, we’re here to help support your business during this outbreak. We know you’re likely prepping for remote teamwork and digitally connecting with your clients. We can assist, please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have concerns or need any help.
Right now, we believe it’s more important than ever to provide you peace of mind. We’ll continue to offer 24/7 support. As a reminder, please continue to submit tickets to our helpdesk system in which we can best assist you. Please email email@example.com with your support request and our technicians will be in touch with you to assist.
Lastly, we value your input. If you have any questions or suggestions about our plans and response, please contact your account representative.
Kevin Anderson, President