UI/Front End Web Developer
Worcester, MA / Remote
We are looking for a Front End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Responsibilities• Define strategic direction for UI
• Incorporate technologies and tools for all Bill.com user interfaces
• Evolve UI technology in line with business need and changes in technology landscape.
• Define/satisfy needs around maintainability, testability, performance, security, quality and usability
• Enable development at scale with respect to customer growth as well as organization/team growth
• Define the architecture for our next generation web UI (application framework as well as overall web application architecture)
• Drive requirements/implementation of UI infrastructure to support multiple SPA applications with different internal/external customers driven by a common platform
• Define consistent patterns, reusable components, coding standards etc and be the gate-keeper to ensure UI team follows guidelines
• Enable transition from old server-side web UI to new, modern client side framework. Understand how to retain/enhance functionality within existing application framework to speed up UI development
• Mentor a talented group of engineers
• Build a successful UI practice - help define appropriate working model between PM, Eng and UX designers. Influence UI design requirements to build best-in-class experiences.
• Enable agile development of UI artifacts
• Be hands-on and contribute to the implementation of the overall UI infrastructure and experience
• Product focus: contribute to the conversation on what we should build for our customers (not just how to build it)
• Proven ability to be a technical and thought leader. Foster a sense of team and UI identity within the front end team.
Qualifications• Designed and implemented one or more enterprise grade web applications
• Experienced in development of large-scale, complex applications
• Strategic thinker: able to see the big picture and set the direction for the product in collaboration with other technology leaders and PM.
• Change leadership
• Ability to gain alignment across cross-functional boundaries
• Ability to challenge the norm and maturity to advocate for changes for the greater benefit of the business
• Responsiveness to changing needs of the business and ability to craft solutions that solve complex business problems.
• Product: passion for great products and building great experiences, Proven ability to take the product through all stages of development from concept to launch at scale.
Email Resume & Apply